Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm not on a diet, I'm on a journey


After a meltdown a few weeks ago, I decided it was time to make some changes. I want to be healthier and hopefully lose some weight too. My plan is to exercise 6 days a week, eat healthier and drink more water. I'm basically following the eat less move more plan. I hate diets. Every time I have tried a diet, I feel worse because I am hungry all the time. I also hate saying that I won't eat certain foods, because then they seem all that more desirable. My eating plan is working so far. Nothing is "off limits". I'm trying to be conscious of my portion sizes and the foods/calories I'm eating. I exercise for about 45 minutes in the morning and drink about 1 gallon of water during the day. I eat 3 meals and at least 2 snacks every day. What's amazing to me is that with all of these little changes, I don't crave the sweets and junk food I normally do. And if I do crave it, I give in, but I don't binge, I just eat a little chocolate. So far, I have lost 6 lbs. and I feel a lot better. I have a lot more energy during the day and I am definitely getting more done. My knees hurt pretty bad, but they are hanging in there with a little help from glucosamine and ibuprofen. I also have been praying for help and I am receiving it.
Have you seen those commercials for Progresso soup? You know the one where the lady is at the store in her wedding dress? I told Ben I wish I could fit in my wedding dress, he told me that was a great goal. My first goal is to be able to fit into my wedding dress again by the end of summer. That means I have to drop 3-4 dress sizes in the next 7 months. Don't worry, I don't plan on wearing my wedding dress to the grocery store and talking into a tin can. I'm just giving myself a realistic goal to start with. I am so lucky to have a supportive husband. Ben has always told me I'm beautiful and that he loves me no matter what. Lately he tells me all the time that he's proud of me, that helps motivate me a lot. Wish me luck on my journey!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Good Luck!! I think you will be successful - I like your take on eating less but not limiting yourself to certain foods only. I have had great success with this so far. I eat the same stuff - just WAY less of it. :)