Thursday, January 27, 2011

10 years ago today

I said okay. Okay to what you ask? Ten years ago Ben and I were watching a movie at his parents house with his sister. During the movie, Ben leaned over and pointing to my CTR ring asked if I wanted to get a new one of those. I wanted to make sure I understood, so I asked what and he replied by asking me if I wanted to get a new ring. Once again, I wanted to really understand, so I made him come right out and ask me. He finally asked if I wanted a diamond ring and would I marry him. I said, okay! I wanted to yell, YES! But for some reason I just said, okay. Immediately we searched for a calendar. Neither one of us wanted a long engagement, we decided on April 5th, a Thursday. The next day we announced to our families and on Monday we went shopping for a new ring. Good memories!

2 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

I love it!! That's a great story! You guys make me laugh and I love you tons!

Lindsay said...

I agree! What a great story! I never knew that about you. I miss you!