Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life Tastes Good Again

When I was diagnosed with celiac disease in 2007, I was quite devastated. I love bread, a lot. Ben used to make me homemade bread every weekend and it was heavenly. When I got the bad news, I went through my own little grieving process. My mother in law took me to a store that specializes in all things gluten free to help me get started. She bought me a cook book called "Life tastes good again" its written by two local ladies. Neither one of these ladies has celiac, but they have family members that do. I have been to a few of their classes, and so far I have tried lots of their recipes. Their recipes are great, I haven't found a bad one yet. After watching the movie Julie and Julia, I was inspired. I don't like fancy french food, and Julia Child's recipes don't quite fit my gluten free (GF) diet. I have decided to make every recipe in my GF cookbook over the next year and blog about them. I think I'm boring and I run out of stuff to write, so hopefully this will help. I am also working on my personal progress with the young women. I figured this would be a great project to work on. As I write this, I have blueberry tea bread in the oven. I'll let you know how it turns out.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Fun! Not that you are a glutard, but that you're going to share with us. I'm excited! (The tea bread looks good, by the way.)