Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Bible according to Fisher Price


Yesterday after I dropped Addy off at school, Sydnee asked if she could play with the tinker toys. I said yes and she returned with the Little People Noah's ark. I asked her if she knew the story about Noah and the ark. I thought this would be a good teaching moment. I told her the story of Noah, she asked if there were trees next to the ark. I told her that Noah used trees to make the ark. I continued to tell the story while she was playing. When I told her that the rain had stopped and the dove brought back the olive branch, she then asked "Is that when they took the top off?" I was a little confused. Then I realized what she meant. The top of our toy ark comes off so that you can play with the animals inside of it. I had a hard time not laughing. I had to explain to Sydnee that her ark is just a toy and that the one that Noah went on looked a lot different.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ooo, we love our ark! That's a funny story though. Never thought about the top coming off for Noah.