Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Candy Bandit and Other Tales of Syd the Kid


About a week ago I had gone into my bedroom after taking a shower. Sydnee came in my room with a green face and green hands. I asked her to come closer thinking she had found the markers again. When she finally came over to me, I noticed that her tongue was green also. It took a few minutes to get the whole story out of her. She pulled a chair over to our cookie jar which is filled with leftover Halloween candy. Upon further inspection, I found that she had a feast of candy while sitting under the computer desk. The green coloring was from one of those lick-a-stick things with the powdered candy. There was a pile of wrappers under our computer desk. What a stinker! So just a few days ago, I was upstairs and heard one of the kitchen chairs being drug across the kitchen floor. I snuck down stairs and caught Sydnee pushing the chair back to the table. She looked at me and told me to go back upstairs. She then told me she didn't want me there. I caught her with a sucker behind her back. She has a serious sweet tooth.

While Sydnee and I were both sick, we watched a lot of TV. Qubo has kid shows on all day, but in between shows they have infomercials. We saw an infomercial with Billy Mayes, the guy that yells. In Sydnee's raspy voice she asked, "mommy, why is that man yelling?" All I could say is "I don't know."

At dinner a few nights ago, Addy asked for something and I said no, so Sydnee pipes up with "oh, bang it." I think she ment "dang it."

No comments: