Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's a Boy!





Can I just say that I'm still in shock that we are having a boy. I thought for sure that we were having another boy. Last week during the ultrasound, I was looking for the 3 little lines that are the tell tale signs of a girl, but instead kept getting glimpses of something else. The ultrasound tech asked us if we were ready to find out the gender and we both said "yes!" Then she was able to get a really good shot, and it was definitely a boy. Ben didn't say much, but I know he was excited. I was shocked. I really am excited to have a boy, but I just keep thinking that I don't know what to do with a boy. Then I think, I only have girl stuff at home. We went to my parents afterward to pick up Maren and showed them the video, my mom was surprised too. We made Addy and Sydnee wait until they got home from school and then showed them the video. They were very surprised. Sydnee was very excited because she wanted a boy, Addy wasn't so sure. By the next day they were both very excited. Addy walked up to me and said "so what are we going to name him?" I have no idea. Ben and I always have a hard time agreeing on a name, so I'm sure this time around will be no different. Yesterday I started going through boxes of baby clothes. I pulled out anything that could be used for a boy and saved the outfits that I brought the other three home from the hospital in. It was kind of sad to know I wouldn't get to dress a baby in the cute little outfits again, but I have good memories of all three of my girls wearing them. I just need to find someone who will need them and that will make me feel better about parting with them. Hopefully by clearing out the clothes, I can make room in the garage for the car. The day of the ultrasound I went to Walmart and had to buy a boy outfit. In the past I have only bought boy stuff for gifts, it was kind of fun to pick out something to keep. I'm sure every shopping trip I will pick up something new, otherwise this kid will have to go naked ;) Anyway, I'm glad we have a few more months to plan for this new adventure.
P.S. I'm sure when he's older he'll love the fact that I posted his ultrasound picture that says it's a boy!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah! Congrats! Boys are a lot of fun, and now you have your girls to dress up and your boy to rough and tumble with!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!! Boys are tons of fun! Congrats on your newest addition and for feeling better already. Your girls will be cute little mothers to him!