Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Carter Cabin








Growing up, my best friend was my cousin Lisa. I loved spending time with her and her parents. We always had lots of fun together. Lisa's dad, my uncle Jim loves to fish. It's a genetic thing with the Carter's. They have a beautiful cabin near Strawberry reservoir. I loved spending time at the cabin with Lisa. We would play and explore and just have fun being kids. I remember one year we visited the property before the cabin was built and spread wild flower seeds. They never grew, but it's a great memory. Every year we were invited to the cabin for a party. I hadn't been to the cabin in about 7 years. Last Saturday, we went to the cabin for a party. It was lots of fun. It's such a gorgeous drive and it brought back lots of memories. It was fun to watch my kids play with my cousins kids. Maren loved just walking around the porch and pointing at everything. Addy and Sydnee went exploring. I had lots of fun catching up with my cousins and aunts and uncles. My aunt Rosemarie is the deer whisperer. She got a deer to come right up to the porch and the kids were able to feed it. It was such a fun and relaxing day. I am so grateful for my wonderful extended family. Thank you Carter's for sharing your cabin with us, we love you!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We sure wish we could have made it out for the party! I would love for my kids to play with your kids the way you and I did when we were young. Sigh. And the pictures are so beautiful - makes my heart hurt for the mountains. Miss you!!