Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day



Yesterday, Father's Day was very hectic. I told my dad happy father's day at church, and I gave Ben a pair of flip-flops before we went to sleep. So, I know this is a day late, but I want Ben and my dad to know that I love them very much.
My dad is the best dad, for me. He's kind of quiet, but he is very sweet. I remember my dad working a lot, but I also have lots of good memories with him. Dad was always the scout master, or so it seemed when I was a kid. I loved going on scout camp outs with him. My mom even bought me a pair of scout pants and I had a Timberline T-shirt from my brother. I would wear these at scout camp. My dad taught me how to find and identify edible plants. I remember having interviews with my dad, kind of like a PPI.
I think most of my childhood memories are of camping and watching my dad in the garage. He still likes to "putter" in the garage. My dad is very smart. He has taught himself how to make knives, canteens out of gourds, arrowheads, and how to turn wood into awesome creations.
I have learned lots of things from my dad, but the most important are that he loves his family very much and he loves Heavenly Father. My dad is a big teddy bear, with a huge heart and a strong testimony. He's the kind of person that would do anything for anyone. I love you dad, thanks for being such a great example to me and my family!

Ben is the best dad for our kids. Ben is so patient with our kids, he very rarely gets frustrated with them. He loves to teach them new things and cook with them. These are things that I am not very good at. Ben is so gentle and loving towards all three of our girls. The girls get very excited when they hear his car pull in the driveway. Ben loves to make the girls breakfast on the weekends and play outside with them. He is also great at teaching them how to work. Ben has a strong testimony and shares it with us often. Happy Father's day, a day late, hon! I love you very much and I couldn't wish for a better father for our children!

No comments: