Thursday, July 23, 2009

Guess Where We Are?


The lovely view from our room♦

I went in for my standard Dr. visit this afternoon. My blood pressure was really high (177/98) everything else was looking pretty bad too. I was told to go over to Labor and Delivery to be induced. Wow! I have to admit that's what I wanted, but all of a sudden I felt a little overwhelmed. I have nothing ready for a baby. I think my mom and sister have taken care of things at home for me by now. Here it is a little after 10 and things are kind of boring. They haven't started the pitocin yet, they're trying to get me to dilate first. So here I sit typing trying to keep myself occupied. I've got IV tubes and monitors stuck to me and I look oh, so cute in my lovely gown. I'll write more when there is actually something to write.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Good luck! A new baby and tonsils? What a week this looks like it will be!

Lisa said...

WOW good luck and keep us posted! I wish you a smooth delivery!

Dawna said...

Hope you get a "Pioneer Day" baby!!! Just think...a parade every year on their birthday :)

Jamie said...

I just got the report from my mom and that delivery didn't sound like much fun. However, new baby makes it all worth it! Congrats. I can't wait to see her!