Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sad News


I'm sure you have seen the news and heard that Micheal Alleman a soldier from American Fork was killed in Iraq Monday morning. If you watched KSL news last night you saw his awesome wife Amy tell of her brave husband. Micheal's parents live in my ward and I have known them for a long time. I never had the chance to meet Michael, but I am friends with his wife Amy. Amy is such a strong, wonderful woman. Knowing Amy, I know what kind of a person her husband was. He loved his family and his country very much. I cried when I heard about Micheal's death. Kai, Amy and Micheal's 6 year old is in Addy's kindergarten class. I told Addy that Kai's daddy had died, she teared up and said "Kai must be so sad." That night in our family prayer the first thing Addy said was please bless the Alleman family and Kai. More tears. I am so glad to have such a sweet caring child. Yesterday morning I met 2o+ youth and parents at 6:00 a.m to put flags around the ward and in front of the Alleman's home. Again, more tears. These youth and parents were so happy to spend a few minutes to try and honor such a great man. One of my young women told me that she had such a good feeling all day. Later in the day I went to visit Amy. She told me about Micheal's death and what a hero he is. She is also a hero for standing so brave and so accepting of her trials. We talked about the peace the gospel brings and the comfort she is receiving at this time. I don't think I will ever look at the American flag the same way. I am truly grateful for Micheal's sacrifice for his country. He died a true hero. Thank you Micheal. To all of the Alleman's Thank you for your sacrifice, we love you very much and will continue to keep you in our prayers.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I did hear this story, and I wondered who I knew that knew him. I'm sorry, but I'm also grateful for his willingness to serve.

Ginger said...

Hi, I was good friends with Mich (as he wrote his name in highschool) back here in GA and was wondering if I could get invited to enter the blog of theirs that is private. I was so upset to hear about his death. I was hoping to catch up with him when we were old at our 20 or 30 year highschool reunion. Please give my condolences to Marie his sister.
Ginger Phillips
Dalton, GA
Southeast Whitfield Highschool class of 96