Sunday, February 15, 2009

Youth Conference 2009


This year our ward decided to try a winter youth conference since the summer is so busy. It was held at the Heber Valley Camp which is beautiful, in the daylight. I decided that since I'm still struggling with morning sickness that I would only go up for Saturday. There weren't enough rides to get all the kids up to Heber, so I ended up having to drive up on Friday night. It was snowing and when we got to the 7 mile squiggly road that leads up to the camp, my poor mini-van just couldn't make it, we slid and got stuck. I guess we should have prayed like the other cars that miraculously made it up. O ye of little faith. Sorry kids. We waited for an hour until one of the camp missionaries came and towed us up the mountain. Caleb (my brother) was up there for scouts and he actually came to rescue us, but we had already made it up the mountain. I dropped the kids off and headed back down. The road had been plowed, so it was much easier to get down. That was the easy part. After a pit stop in Heber, I started towards Provo canyon. I didn't get far before I was in a horrible snow storm, it was a white out. I'm not sure how I made it home, but I am so glad I did. It was a terrifying experience, I prayed all the way home. Saturday the weather was much better and I didn't have to drive, thank goodness. After making it to the camp and walking in, we met the kids and had fun hearing about their adventures. The kids spent Saturday snow-shoeing and doing many different service projects. After lunch the kids played games together that really made them work together. It was great to watch. Our youth are great, they really get along well and had lots of fun together. Thank you to all those who made this a great experience. The ride home was just as good, clear roads and singing along with the laurels and their theme songs.

No comments: