Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Draper Temple Open House


Yesterday we had the chance to go to the new Draper temple for the open house. What a production. We had to park at a designated church, wander around in circles, move from one room to the next to wait and then, wait some more. I normally don't mind waiting, okay I do, but for this I was trying hard to be patient. Our assigned time was right around lunch time and me and the girls had not eaten since breakfast, not a good start. After much waiting and a bouncy bus ride we were able to weave our way through the tents that lead to the temple. It was very pretty inside. I loved the colors and all of the wood work. There were also some gorgeous paintings, many which I had never seen before. I was surprised at how small the temple was. The ordinance rooms were tiny. I guess with several other temples close by, it doesn't need to be huge. After 3 hours we finally made it back to our car. Now to find some lunch. We stopped at Thanksgiving Point for lunch, we have a gift card for the Harvest restaurant and figured that since we were all dressed up it would be fun to eat there. Of course, it was closed until 5pm and it was now about 3:30. Aargh! The girls were starved and so we got lunch at the deli instead. We were having fun until the girls would not eat and both started moping. This is actually quite common when we go out, but I wasn't in the mood for it. Then Addy complained about her tummy hurting. I rolled my eyes. Now here is another point for my mother of the year award. Addy's tummy wasn't over the flu yet. She had been fine since Sunday, but it came back with a vengeance. We drove home as fast as we could. Thank goodness for the trash bags I keep in the car. Addy had a rough ride home and a rough evening. She actually slept through the night and woke up hungry today. I kept her home from school today and she is vegging on my bed right now. Hopefully she will be back to normal soon, poor kid. Until then, our washer and dryer, and our bathroom will be very busy.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ew...I hate having sick kids when I'm preggo. It's the worst "mom" punishment ever!
Hopefully they'll be better soon, and your morning sickness will end soon too!