Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Acorns and Islands

I have to share some funny things that I've remembered from when Silas was born.  After I told Ben that the doctor thought that Silas had achondroplasia, he went home and researched it that night.  When we were talking about it the next day, he kept calling it acornplasia.  He then told me that someone that has achondroplasia is referred to as an acorn.  I laughed and told him I was pretty sure that wasn't right.  He insisted.  We joked about it and said that Silas needed a onesie with an acorn on it.  Recently I was reading on a blog about a little boy with achondroplasia and his mom kept calling it achons.  I think that's where the acorn thing came from. 
We told Ben's mom about Silas when she came to visit us in the hospital.  She said she was kind of struggling with it and went home and prayed about it.  She said that she felt like everything would be okay and that Silas had a special mission to go out and teach the little people of the world.  Ben and I talked about it later and wondered if she something we didn't, is there some special island where all of the little people live?  Later she told me more and said that she knows that he will go to one of the little people conventions and share the gospel, this might be true, but it came across as pretty funny.  This is probably only funny to Ben and I.  I guess it's one of those things where you had to be there. 

No comments: