Friday, April 29, 2011

This is me challenge #2


The Challenge: What are some choices in your life that affected where you are now?

I have often thought about the choices I have made in my life and how I ended up where I am. After high school I decided to attend Snow college. I was miserable at first, because I didn't know many people and I felt very uncomfortable. After an apartment change, things went much better for me. I loved my school experience even the rough patches. They shaped who I am today. It was at Snow that I took the EMT courses. I loved the EMT classes and instructors. It was hard, but I made it. I worked as an EMT for 10 years and it really helped me to gain confidence and feel like I was making a difference in the world. After graduating from Snow college, I chose to live at home and attend UVSC (now UVU). I had a professor there that I loved and I remember him asking me if I would be a nanny for his daughter. She lived in Chicago and had some health problems which made it so she could not be home alone with her small children. If I would help her during the day, they would pay for me to go to school at night. I struggled with that choice for a while. Chicago has one of the best nursing programs in the United states. I finally prayed about it and decided to stay home. I have often wondered where I would be had I have taken that job. Living at home was a hard choice, but only because I had lived on my own for two years. I ended up going to a singles ward and meeting lots of new friends. I even met Ben there. I was getting restless and was trying to decide whether or not to go on a mission. Then I met Ben. We dated for a short time and were married a few months later. We have been married for 10 years and have three beautiful little girls who have changed our lives forever. Ben and I have been through rough times, but I am still glad I chose to marry him. Other choices I have made such as having children and being a stay at home mom have made me who I am today. I'm grateful for the choices I have made and that I am where I am today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is sooo good to read this about you! Your girls will love reading these things when they are making life choices! Thanks for taking my challenge and sharing it!