Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tales from Kindergarten

I have the privilege of helping in Sydnee's classroom once a week. Wednesday is my favorite day of the week. The kids in her class are so cute, and it's fun to get to know them. I was helping one little boy with his handwriting and he started talking about brushing his teeth. Then he told me I had stinky breath. Whoa, sorry! I apologized and he looked at me and said, "oh, that's okay, it's not your fault." As I was checking my pockets for a breath mint, he then told me my eye lids were really pretty. I said thank you and he asked me how I got them purple. I told him it was my makeup, he looked puzzled and said,"I thought it was eyeshadow." Evidently his mother has taught him about makeup. The next week I was helping with the 100th day of school party. I had one little girl that just stared at me. I smiled back and she said, "you're pretty." I just wanted to hug her. What a sweet little self-esteem boost! These kids are so great. It's fun to see how Sydnee interacts with her class and to meet her friends.

No comments: