Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Prayer for Presidents Day

Sydnee spent a lot of time at school learning about presidents day. They learned about past presidents and even made a necklace with a penny on it. Sydnee was very excited for the holiday, she even had her clothes picked out she was going to wear, four days early.
3 days before president's day, Sydnee gave the prayer before bed. She said, "please help us to have a good president's day. Thank you for letting me make a necklace with a penny on it. We're thankful for George Washington."
That pretty much sums up her prayer, it was really hard not to laugh. On the actual holiday, Sydnee wore her clothes she picked out and her necklace. We had lunch with my mom and sister. I'm not sure the day lived up to her expectations, but I think she had fun.
My other favorite of the week, in kindergarten they learned about Betsy Ross. They learned that she sewed the first American flag. The kids got to practice "sewing" at school with lacing cards. Sydnee has been drawing flags ever since. She drew a flag the other day and said "I feel just like Betsy Ross when she made the first flag." I love it!

No comments: