Sunday, May 23, 2010

The fruits of our labors




It's more like the veggies of our labors. Ben and I decided to try our hand at making our own baby food. Ben did most of the work, he cooked a whole bunch of veggies and some chicken. My job was to puree and re-bag until we decided on a storage method. Well, as you can see by the pictures, we had a little problem. Ben stuck the mashed potatoes in a zipper top bag in the fridge. When he opened up the fridge again, the bag had opened and there were potatoes everywhere. It was a huge mess! Ben spent the next 10 minutes cleaning up while I pureed. We decided to just package the food in little zipper top bags and freeze it. It wasn't hard work, but it certainly was a little time consuming and we didn't get as much food as we thought. My thought is that I will try it again, because the homemade stuff certainly tastes better, but it is certainly time consuming and messy.

No comments: