Sunday, May 23, 2010

Testing the sprinklers







Ben and I have been working hard on our yard. Friday afternoon Ben tested (drumroll please) our new automatic sprinklers to check for geysers. When we moved in there were sprinkler lines underground, but they didn't work and they weren't automatic. They were manual, which means you would have to get down on the ground and stick your hand in a dark, damp, slug infested box and turn each valve on one at a time to water the yard. It wasn't much fun, I know it's not as bad as dragging hose, but it was still bad, especially last year when I was pregnant and Ben was out of town. For Ben's birthday and my birthday, my parents gave us the valves and control box. Ben took some time off of work and got it all up and working, it's wonderful to just let the box control everything and wake up to a watered lawn. Thanks mom and dad! Anyway, with all of our work, we've driven the truck on the lawn a few times and wanted to make sure we didn't break anything. Friday Ben did one more test just to make sure that we hadn't broken any sprinklers, the girls were begging to run through the sprinklers. We said no, but they didn't listen. When the neighbor boys came out in their swimsuits, we lost out and had to let the girls put theirs on. After all of their begging, I think our girls only ran through once or twice. The little 2 year old next door kept running through the sprinklers and then over to me. He would say "that was fun" over and over again. I'm glad they could enjoy a few minutes of summer that day. As our gospel doctrine teacher said today "Did all of you enjoy the four seasons we experienced this last week?" I thought that was the perfect way to describe our weather as of late.

No comments: