Sunday, May 23, 2010

In the pretty garden, the flowers are blooming







For mother's day, Ben dug out a new flower bed for me. Ever since we moved in, I have wanted another flower bed in front of our bay window. Ben hurt his back in the process and with 3 children who like to "help" It has taken much longer to get it done than I had hoped. Ben has taken a few days off of work to help get yard work done and finally on Friday afternoon, I finished my flower bed. I love it! Ben's dad found these cool old mining carts that once held coal on my brother-in-laws property. I filled it with bricks and dirt and planted flowers in it. I think it turned out really cute. I also planted flowers in front of my butterfly bush. I just need to add some bark to finish it all off, but all of the planting and such is done. Yeah!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Me = jealous. I miss having flower beds and a garden to dig around in. Good job on the cart!