Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Towels and Toes

Last night, Ben ended up working late. I got Maren in bed for the night and got the older two through the shower. I was helping Addy with her hair, drying it with her towel. She then asked if next time I change towels if she could have a grown up towel. She then proceeded to tell me that she did not like using a baby towel. I told her it was a kid towel, it has Elmo on it. She then told me said "Elmo is so babyish, I don't like Elmo." This from the girl that fell in love with Elmo as a 2 year old. It made me laugh that the Elmo towel is too babyish for her to use. It also made me a little sad to realize that she's growing up and out growing some of the things she used to love.

Monday afternoon, I was trying to get some yard work done before Ben got home. I put Maren in her walker on the grass and Addy and Sydnee were riding their bikes. Addy came and took Maren for a ride. Maren's legs were going really fast and I told Addy to slow down. Addy took her to the top of the little hill by our house and started running with Maren. The next thing I hear is Maren crying. Addy stopped and then got really upset. She said that she accidentally put holes in Maren's socks. Then she started to get even more upset, Maren's toes were bleeding. I went and rescued Maren and sure enough there were holes in her socks and she was bleeding. Addy pushed her too fast and her feet drug tearing holes in her socks and scraping the skin off of her toes. Poor girl, no wonder she's trying to walk, she needs to be able to escape. Maren didn't seem to mind too much. I washed her feet and put on some clean socks to keep her toes clean. Let's hope that all three children live through the summer!

No comments: