Monday, May 17, 2010

If you can't find it...check the lost and found


For the last few months, Sydnee's favorite pretend play has been working at the lost and found. I guess it all started with Ben losing his wallet at IKEA. He went to check for it at the lost and found at the store. All along it was at home in his pants pocket, in the hamper. Behind our love seat is a small space, perfect for small children. Sydnee collects things from around the house that are "lost" and puts them behind the couch. Needless to say, I have "lost" many things. Sometimes, I would set something down for a minute, turn my head, and then poof they're gone. Then I would hear the announcement from Sydnee about all the items in the L&F. After several days of having my things "lost" and then found by Sydnee, the general manager of the house, AKA me, shut down the L&F. I love to see my children use their imaginations and play, but after having my socks, soap and other such items "lost", I had to shut it down and move it to the playroom. Who knows, maybe they will find their toys down there that have been lost for months.

No comments: