Saturday, October 11, 2008

Crazy Hair

Addy's Spike
Sydnee trying to have crazy hair too

I think I have calmed down enough that I can tell the story of Addy's crazy hair. Last Friday, Addy had asked me to put little braids in her hair. While she ate her breakfast I made two tiny braids, one on each side of her part. Sunday morning just before general conference started, I tried to get her to take them out so her hair would be frizzy. She would not give in and let me take them out. Ben started teasing her about cutting the braid out and putting it in her baby book. The teasing continued and instead of Addy saying "no" she said "ok." So what does Ben do? He gets the scissors and cuts the braid off. My jaw hit the floor and my temper flared. I couldn't believe that he would do that. Now Addy has a spike coming out of her head, or maybe it's a horn. To say the least I was furious. Ben just kept saying, "but she wanted me to." My argument was that she's only five. How often do we give her what she wants? Well, it got ugly from there and We watched conference in different rooms. Thankfully I have been able to hide her spike fairly well. Ben and I are speaking to each other once again. The moral of the story is, don't give in to a dad's teasing or a five year old's begging.

No comments: