Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Bedtime Game

Every night at our house, we go through our same bedtime routine. Jammies, brush teeth, lotion, say prayers. Then we go through our second routine, does anyone need to go potty? Does anyone need a drink? After a trip to the potty and drinks. Ben and I sigh....they're finally in bed. Then the third routine begins. The bedtime game. The girls see how many times they can come out of their room. We have tried everything from threats to hall passes to try and eliminate this game. Last nights rendition was one of the most entertaining we have had in a while. Here are some of the reasons for the girls getting out of bed.
  • I'm thirsty
  • I'm really, really thirsty
  • I have to go potty
  • My tummy hurts
  • My tummy hurts real bad
  • My cold hurts (runny nose)
And here are my favorites from last night
  • Daddy, can I have some bacon salt?
  • My feet are too hot, I can't sleep
My little angels. It's hard not to laugh sometimes, but then they win the game and we don't.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Bacon salt? Don't you just love the things they come up with?! Naomi's favorite is "I had a scary dream about a spider in my room." Sigh.