Monday, April 2, 2012

Oops, she did it again!





I'm not sure we need a boy at our house, we have Maren who is our daredevil. She's always getting into things she shouldn't and hurting herself. Two weeks ago (March 18th) we were at my parents for dinner celebrating the March birthdays. It was already past the girls bedtime and we were getting ready to leave. We called out for Maren and she came running down the hall at full speed. She missed the entrance to the kitchen and face planted into the wall. She started screaming and was holding her forehead. It was one of those moments when I couldn't get to her fast enough. She moved her hand and blood was running everywhere. I picked her up and someone threw me a towel. I laid her on the bar and took a look and knew right away we were headed to get stitches. Grandma gave her a candy cane to suck on and she calmed right down. Thank goodness for Grandma and Grandpa. They took Addy and Sydnee home and put them to bed while Ben and I made a trip to the Instacare. Maren did great! She started to cry when the doctor took off the bandaid with the numbing medicine because it pulled her hair. She cried while he numbed her up with the needle, but then calmed right down. Ben and I held her hands while she got her stitches, but she held her head still and didn't have to be held down. She was so brave. She got 9 stitches, that's 3 more than the last time. Afterward the doctor gave her a token so that she could get a prize out of a machine in the lobby. She thought that was pretty cool. When we got home she ran in and told Grandma and Grandpa that "The docor fix my head!" She was quite happy. Hopefully we are done with this stuff for a while, or else we are going to have to buy her a helmet.

No comments: