Monday, April 2, 2012

Huge


Huge just about says it all. I'm feeling huge these days and I'm down to the last few weeks of pure misery. Last week was pretty hard. I went to bed on Tuesday not feeling well, I had an upset stomach. During the night I started having horrible stomach cramps. I've had a lot of stomach cramps in my life, but these were the worst that I have ever had. I figured that I had the stomach bug that was going around. Ben was sweet and stayed home Wednesday morning to get the kids off to school, but things were not good at work and he couldn't stay home. My mom jumped in and took Maren for the day. I took a Phenergan and quite literally slept all day. The cramps were so bad that all I could do was curl up in a ball and cry. Wednesday was a little better, Ben got the kids off to school and Maren and I hung out watching PBS all day. I was finally able to eat a little and drink some without wanting to die. During the night the cramps came back and all I could do was cry. I remember praying and telling Heavenly Father that I just couldn't take any more. Things settled down a little and I was able to get my kids up and off to school. I called the doctors office and waited to hear back. I then called Ben and shortly after his dad showed up to take Maren for the day. After talking to the nurse at the doctor's office I was ready to scream. I think she thought I just needed to tough it out. I should have asked for Val, my regular nurse. The nurse kept trying to convince me that I either had gas or was maybe going into labor. I don't think so! Finally she said let me talk to one of the other nurses and I'll call you back. She called back about 2 minutes later and said we think you should go to labor and delivery to be checked out. Thanks. I called Ben and jumped in the shower. We showed up around 10 and waited for a little while and then were taken to one of the patient rooms. I was hooked up to all of the monitors and was having regular contractions. Amazingly though, the stomach cramps stopped once I was all checked in. I felt a little silly, but it was a good thing I went in. I was really dehydrated. They put in an IV and gave me fluids and anti nausea medicine. After 5 needle pokes and 5 hours of monitoring I was finally told that everything was okay and I could go home. My blood pressure was high and I was sent home with the jug for the 24 hour urine test. I thought "here we go again" with the preeclampsia and the bed rest. I was able to go home and eat and drink and the cramps stayed away. Ben and I went back to the hospital the next day for some follow up monitoring. Everything looked great, the baby was doing great and my blood pressure was down. No bed rest for me, yet. I am so glad to be feeling better. I really don't like these scary moments. I will admit that I am feeling huge and uncomfortable, but I'm grateful that my baby is healthy. If I can just survive the next two weeks, then I'll get to hold my new little baby. I am so thankful for my family. They are all so good to jump in and help out. Thank you, thank you!

No comments: