Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Solid Ground

I feel like I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Girls camp is over and so is the roller coaster ride I have been on. Girls camp went well. It's hard to say it went smoothly when I know all of the things that didn't go right, but I think it went really well. I think all of the girls had a good time and enjoyed camp. It's hard being in charge, I wasn't able to participate a whole lot with the girls, so I just kept praying that they would be able to feel the spirit. There were a few testimonies born at camp that made me feel like "yes! she got it!" those are the ones that made me feel like camp was a success. The girls loved the activities and crafts. They even had fun doing their certification. They were given punch cards to keep track of what they needed to pass off, and they were given charms when they passed things off. I am so lucky to work with such wonderful young women. They are such good girls, it's so nice not to have fights and drama at camp. These girls are such examples to me. My YCL's took their role seriously and took charge of their tent groups. They were moms to the younger girls and helped me out a lot. I am so grateful for my dad, he stayed at camp with me all week. He was such a huge help to me and I felt calm just knowing he was there. Ben stayed over the first night and helped get camp set up and then he went home to take care of the kids the rest of the week. I am so grateful for him. It was nice not having to worry about my kids all week. A huge thank you to my mom and sister too for all of their help before and during camp. I'll share more camp details and pictures later, but for now it's just nice to be back home. I feel like summer has now started for me and my girls!

No comments: