Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Mystery of the Mosquito Bite

The huge splinter
The Wound

Warning: Kind of gross story ahead
Several weeks ago Addy got a mosquito bite on her leg. It was red and swollen and hot. It reminded me of the reaction that I had to mosquito bites when I was a kid, so I thought nothing of it. 2 weeks ago we were at my parents and she complained that it itched, I thought that was kind of odd because it was a pretty old bite at that point. The next day I noticed the bite and it still looked pretty bad. Addy picked at it and goo came out. Gross!!! We put a bandaid on it and went on with the day. Before bed I looked at it again and checked to see if any more goo would come out. I touched it and something came out...it was long and black. At first I thought it was a stinger from a bee or something, but it was a huge splinter. OUCH! No wonder it looked bad and hurt. It felt better almost immediately. I guess I should check closer next time she has a nasty "mosquito" bite.

No comments: