Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lazy Saturday









This is the lake in July
This is the Lake in October, check out the shore line




Life has been so busy lately. It seems like everyone else has planned my days. I run from one place to the next and never seem to have a chance to unwind. This last Saturday, Ben and I decided that the lawn could wait to be mowed and the weeds could stay where they are for another week and well, everything else could wait too. It was great! We stayed in our pajamas and played with Little People. We had a nice relaxing day and some good food. We ended our day with a ride up American Fork canyon. When I was a kid we did a lot of exploring on the weekends. We would go up the canyon and drive around. I loved it, and I want to have my children experience it too. We drove up to Silver lake reservoir. It's a bumpy, but very pretty drive. I love Silver Lake, it's so pretty. We saw some really pretty fall leaves and other beautiful sights. I was totally surprised though at how low the reservoir is. I was just there in mid-July and the water was at normal levels. Saturday, it was a puddle. We walked along what was the bottom of the reservoir a short time ago. The kids had fun looking at the rocks and trying to spot animal tracks in the mud. We finished the day off with dinner and a frosty run. It was a perfect lazy day. I think we need to do this more often.

No comments: