Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sisterhood of the Traveling Van Week 2









Our second adventure took us to Bridal Veil falls. I thought the kids would like the short walk and then some play time in the water. We walked the trail to the falls, took some pictures and then Addy and Camille ventured into the water. Sydnee wasn't acting like herself, so we hung out on the trail. I think the craziest part of our trip to the falls was the bare sighting. Yes, I know, I spelled it wrong. Well, actually I spelled it right. I was looking down the trail and saw a woman and I thought, "that's strange, her clothes are the same color top and bottom." Then I thought,"that's really strange, her clothes are flesh colored." Then my jaw dropped and my eyes went big and I realized, they weren't clothes. This woman who was walking up to the falls was buck naked. I quickly turned the girls around and pointed her out to Camille. Her response,"What the...." We both started to laugh and then other people noticed her. There were families with young children everywhere. She walked up to the falls and walked on into the water. We decided to get out of there before the kids saw, but it was too late. I think Addy is scarred for life. Thank goodness Sydnee is oblivious. We walked up the trail further to the bridge. We crossed the river and walked down the road to the lower bridge to avoid any meetings on the trail. We could see this woman walking down the trail across from us. When we reached the lower bridge, we crossed the river again and walked to the parking lot. When we got to the car, she was gone. Just then the police arrived, but the woman was gone. Camille and I laughed and laughed and also wanted to burn our eyes out. Who knew we would see a bare at Bridal Veil falls. We continued our adventure at Vivian Park. We had a picnic and watched the Heber Creeper. I'm such a good mom that I finally realized that Sydnee wasn't acting right because she was running a fever. The poor kid was burning up. We decided to call it a day and get the sick kiddo home. Besides the bare sighting and Sydnee not feeling well, we had a great time.

No comments: