Saturday, June 19, 2010

Odds and Ends of May







Here I am way behind again. Let's catch up. May was super busy, especially the end of the month. Sydnee graduated from pre-school, she was super happy and loved the attention. One day, I will post a picture of it, but unfortunately I forgot my camera. Maybe my nice friends will e-mail me one. Amy, Jamie? Anyway, we had to leave right after the graduation to make it to our senior recognition night. It's a little celebration for our young women and young men who are graduating.
The next big thing was Addy's dance festival. The first grade danced to "I want to be like you" from the Jungle Book. It was fun to watch the dances that the kids had worked so hard on. Addy finished up the school year and celebrated on the last day of school by having a pancake breakfast with all of the first graders. We also celebrated as a family by going to Rib City. I can't believe Addy will be in the second grade soon. She will be in a split class next year with 3rd graders. It will be interesting to see how it all works out.
Addy also insisted that we have ice cream to celebrate. I made the mistake of sitting on the floor while I ate mine. Maren wasn't going to be left out. She would hang on to me and cry until I gave her a taste and then she would be happy, we repeated this until the ice cream was gone. I have a video, but I can't get it to post, oh well.
Sydnee learned how to ride her bike without training wheels. She is thrilled to ride her bike like a big kid. Over Memorial day weekend, Maren took her first steps. She's starting to walk more and more.
Well, there you have it, the end of May, I guess I better get working on June...

No comments: