Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Van Week 1

Insert fun pictures of Nielsen's Grove





2 sisters + 3 kids + 1 minivan+1 adventure= the sisterhood of the traveling van. My sister and I have decided to go on an adventure once a week. Week 1 was our first adventure. We decided to stay close by and visit Nielsen's grove. It is a beautiful park in Orem with lots of fun things to do. It was originally built by some of my ancestors. They came here from Denmark. Jorgen Nielsen's father worked in the Kings garden in Denmark, when his sons immigrated to Utah they wanted to make a park that was like the gardens at home. After many years the park was used for growing crops for the war effort and eventually became swampy and unusable. The city of Orem bought the property and restored the park as best they could to make it like the original. It has a playground, a pond with lots of ducks, fountains, and these swings that go around kind of like a carousel. We all enjoyed the park, we even had fun watching the birds, I know mom, I'm a bird nerd! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. I guess we will just have to go again. Afterward we had lunch at the Village Inn and then came home to crash. Week 1 was great!

No comments: