Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Best


In honor of mother's day, here is a list of some of my favorite things about being a mom.

  • Sticky kisses and hugs that don't want to let go.
  • "I love you mommy!"
  • Homemade cards and artwork made just for me.
  • Flower (weed) bouquets.
  • Requests for snuggle time.
  • When only mommy will do, sorry daddy.
  • When my kids answer questions correctly during FHE.
  • Repeating something I've taught them.
  • Watching them run off to school and then run to me afterwards.
  • Holding their hands.
  • Experiencing all of the new stages and phases of life.
  • Hearing my kids singing.
  • Being the one to get Maren out of her crib, her smile is always the biggest then.
  • When Maren reaches her arms out for me.
  • Hearing my girls squeal "Daddy!" when he comes home from work.
Even though some days are rough, I absolutely love being a mom. I love my three lovely girls and think they are the best. I love what Elder Ballard said in a conference talk a few years ago, he said "First, recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction." I am trying really hard to find the joy in the moments every day. I love my little girls and I am so glad that I can be their mom.

1 comment:

Amy and Micheal said...

Absolutely beautiful, Crystal! There is no better way to say/describe it. So, if you'll just copy and paste into my own blog, that'd be great! Love ya! :)