Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Mom


First, I have to say something about my mom. I didn't give her a card this year or tell her anything except I loved her. Lately, I have had a hard time expressing myself and I don't know why. So here goes... My mom is the best! She is my mentor and example. She teaches me so many things just by the way she lives her life. My mom loves to write notes of encouragement and gratitude. I received many while I was away at school. I remember coming home from church and she would sit and write notes to the speakers and teachers that day. She especially loved to tell the youth speakers how well they did.
When my mom teaches a lesson at church she spends the whole week preparing, and she always does a great job. I'm really trying hard to work on my teaching skills. My mom was able to stretch the family budget to keep all of us fed and clothed while many times neglecting herself. My mom truly made do with what she had and was happy with it.
My mom has a true love of learning. She has always found a way to learn new things. Either by taking classes or reading books. My mom is taking a class from BYU right now, hoping to get accepted so that she can finish her degree online. It has been 42 years since she went to school. She is my inspiration. I hope to one day finish my degree as well.
My mom loves all of her children unconditionally. Even when I made some dumb mistakes she still loved/loves me. I am so thankful for my mom. I am grateful that I was sent to her, even if I was a surprise. I am so glad that my children have the opportunity to know my mom and spend so much time with her. She is an amazing woman with a strong testimony. She helps me to remember that "Utah women are tough" and that I can make it through any trial in life, no matter how hard it is. Thank you mom for giving me life and such a great example. I love you!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love your Mom too! She is a great example. Miss you all!!