Sunday, July 12, 2009

An Oasis in the Desert







Last Thursday I was feeling like a bad mom. With the heat I feel like I have no energy and so I keep the kids inside and just absorb the air conditioning. Around 2 o'clock Thursday afternoon, I figured I should get them out of the house. We first went to a fabric store in Highland. While I was trying to find this store, I spotted a really cool water fountain. After the fabric store, I became the cool, spontaneous, fun mom to my kids for a few hours. I wandered back to where I spotted the fountain and the girls were so excited when they saw it. Addy informed me that she didn't have her swimming suit or a towel. My response was so, get your clothes wet. Come on we're being spontaneous here. We found ourselves at what I found out later is the Highland Town Center park. It's right in front of the Highland city hall. It was awesome! They have a big splash pad and a really shallow river with rocks that shoot water out. The girls had a ball! I enjoyed standing in the water as well, it felt good on my huge swollen feet. I'm glad that I had to wander to find the fabric store or else we may have never found this little oasis. If anyone is interested in going, let me know, my girls and I could live there the rest of the summer.

4 comments:

Laura said...

U, no energy because of the heat? How about 8 months pregnant?!? Glad you found the energy to be the cool mom. I wish I could muster that energy. :-)

Lisa said...

Good for you! The pictures are so cute! Sigh - I sure do miss those beautiful Rocky mountains!

Dawna said...

I had no idea this was up there. I will have to check it out with Emma! And... Your girls are darling...love watching them in Primary. You can tell they have been taught well at home :)

Jamie said...

Way to go SuperMom! I heard about that place but just hadn't made it up there yet. It looks like oodles of fun. I'd love to go with you but since you're now on bed rest maybe I'll come take your girls instead.