Sunday, October 19, 2008

Road Trip Part 2: Musical Beds

Ben thought I should add this. He thought it was funny.After reading this you will understand why I don't allow my children to sleep with me at home. While on our road trip, the girls were too excited to sleep. First we started with the bedtime routine. I even let the kids stay up and watch a Halloween cartoon before bed. At 9:00 it was lights out. Addy and I were in one bed and Sydnee and Camille were in the other. The beds were terribly uncomfortable. Addy kept cuddling up to me, except she would climb up on me. I like my personal space. Sydnee kept putting her feet on Camille. Both girls were giggling and being very silly. Sydnee came over to my bed and laid down with me and Addy. Then Addy got up and climbed in bed with Camille. Next thing I know, Addy is making herself a bed on the floor,Sydnee follows and does the same. Addy then climbs back in with me and Sydnee takes over Addy's floor bed. Sydnee got back in bed with Camille. Sydnee wanted more pillows and Camille told her she could only have one. A minute later Sydnee started to cry. She came to me and told me she wanted more pillows. At this point both girls are exhausted. I rock Sydnee and she rubs her woobie until she falls asleep. I then place Sydnee in bed with me. At 3:30 a.m. I woke up and couldn't find Sydnee, she had gotten back in bed with Camille. I couldn't go back to sleep. At 5:30 Sydnee climbed back in bed with me and Addy. Addy then tells me she's hungry. I tell her it's too early,go back to sleep. I now get shoved to the edge of the bed, the bed is so broken down that it slopes. To keep myself from falling off the edge, I have to put one leg down and brace myself against the nightstand with a pillow. Finally, I have to get up and go to the bathroom. I lost my spot. I finally give up and lay across the foot of the bed. I get kicked and squished. Then Addy snuggles up again. By now it's 7:30 a.m. and time to get going. I have decided that the next time I travel with the girls, I am going to give them Benadryl and I am going to get a roll away bed just for me, the girls can fight over the big bed.

2 comments:

Laura said...

This sounds like our house last night . . . and many nights. Poor Jacob spends more time sleeping on the floor than he does in a bed. Sounds like a great trip though. The picture of the cemetery with the Tetons in the background made me wish we had spent more time there this summer. Sigh.

Velda said...

I can so identify. When Jared went out of town for a while for the first time, I told the kids we could have a sleepover. By about 1am, the three of us agreed it was a very bad idea. They don't ask to 'sleep over' anymore.