Sunday, July 6, 2014

Birth Certificate and Passport


7/4/14
Sarah Myer agreed to watch Diego while Soraya and I took the transmeleno bus system to the office where Diego's birth was registered. It took an hour and a half to get to the our stop way in the south of Bogota. Then we got onto another bus then to a taxi. The registrar office had a crowd in front of it and I was envisioning hours of waiting. After purchasing a treat for the person helping us we walked to the guard told him what we needed and we walk in immediately and found the person we needed waiting at her desk for us. WOW that was amazing. The very nice lady processed the papers quickly then I signed and finger printed the new birth certificate. I find it a bit odd that a new birth certificate was created. Almost like changing the past… The facts of his birth did not change but we changed the docs as if they did… Odd but I guess that is how it is done. We had to wait for a while as the "Registrar" was not in the office at that moment. So we went to a café and got AVENA COLOMBIANA and role then went back to the registrar office received the paperwork. We took a 20 min to the bus station and I happy to say I walk to fast for Soraya (Colombians walk very fast I saw it as a challenge) We then took the bus immediately to the passport office. On the bus we called Sarah and Asked her to bring Diego to the passport office. Once we all arrived and cut to the front of the line because of the children and very quickly arrived on a cubical were the paper work was verified and we found that we did not have a copy of Crystal's passport. So I emailed it Soraya she ran to an internet café and printed it out. The copies of the birth certificate had a vertical stripe where the printer failed to print as dark as the rest. This was a problem that was resolved by showing that the original had the same issue. It took 3 tries to get Diego's Passport photo useable. He was eating candy and the 1st 2 photos were distorted by chewing and sucking. It was very funny. Then we went back to the hotel and had a great time at the Colombian 4th of July party. See the PICs. I think I will be going home before the end of next week!!! Wow less than a month in Colombia. Huge blessing. I thank thee Lord!!!

Link: http://www.mycolombianrecipes.com/avena-drink-avena-colombiana 










No comments: