Thursday, August 18, 2011

The sisterhood week #7


outside of the chocolate shop
The Brigham City temple
The sisterhood at Logan temple




The clouds were beautiful
Maren refused to sit next to me



My bench

resting at the zoo

statues
3 tired kids
Maren can stand up while buckled and walk around

Our big adventure came the first week in August. We took a road trip in the traveling van with Aunt Camille and Grandma. We went to Brigham City and Logan. We stopped in Brigham City for lunch at the Idle Isle cafe, then we stopped to take a look at the new temple being built. Our final stop in BC was at the Idle Isle candy shop. I have a weakness for their chocolate, it's heavenly. We stayed at the Crystal Inn in Logan. We went swimming at the hotel, my mom went swimming for the first time in 47 years. It's amazing what people do on road trips ;) We went to dinner at a fun little Mexican restaurant and stopped at the Logan temple to walk around. After a sleepless night with Miss Maren, we had breakfast and then went to Willow Park Zoo. What a great little zoo! I think I enjoyed it more than Hogle Zoo. It was nice and shady and clean and although there wasn't a huge variety of animals, I thought it was just right. After the zoo, we went up to the USU campus and stopped at the creamery for lunch. We ate Aggie ice cream for lunch and it was delicious! After purchasing some squeaky cheese and caffeinated beverages for the driver, we headed home. We had a wonderful time and I hope we can do it again sometime soon! Thanks mom for being brave and joining us!

No comments: