Thursday, August 18, 2011

Camping trip


our redneck patio

Mmmm breakfast burritos!
happy campers!
playing with the wildlife (neighbor's cat)


peach cobbler


The girls have been begging to go camping all summer, we finally put it on the calendar so it would happen. The only problem is that after our trip to Logan with Maren refusing to sleep, we decided we didn't want to deal with that all night in a tent. So, we went camping in our backyard. We cooked dinner in our Dutch oven and it was yummy. We had our neighbor's the Chile's over for dinner which was lots of fun. Ben made a small fire for roasting marshmallows and we made s'mores. The kids thought it was great! We put Maren to bed in her crib and then we all went out to the tent to sleep. We watched the stars come out and figured out the temperature by counting the cricket chirps. Ben and Addy and Sydnee slept in the tent all night, but I'm a wimp. I came in at 3:30 to go to the bathroom and couldn't bring myself to go back out. Besides, the batteries in the baby monitor were dying and I didn't want Maren to wake up and not know about it. The next morning, Ben made us some yummy breakfast burritos on our new Camp Chef. Thanks to my parents for giving us our Christmas present (Camp Chef) early. I know we will use it a lot! We went for a "hike" around the neighborhood and then we made some Dutch oven peach cobbler to go with our lunch. I enjoyed our camping trip at the Yancey campgrounds, I wouldn't mind doing it again.

2 comments:

Dawna said...

What a great idea! And...is that my cat, Maddie??? If so, sorry she strays over there...I think she is just looking for some attention :)

Jamie said...

How fun! The Gray's will have to do that next time. We found camping with Austin to be a very painful night...kinda like your Logan trip :). Glad you had fun there too! My kids are already asking when their biannual migration to Logan takes place. SO MUCH FUN! Love all the pictures too.