Wednesday, November 10, 2010

FHE Follies

Monday night Ben gave a lesson on family responsibilities. It was pretty crazy. The kids were wired and Maren was vying for the spotlight. Ben started by asking the kids what daddy's responsibilities were. The kids gave answers like go to work to make money, hold the priesthood, and give blessings. When he asked the kids what mommy's responsibilities are, they said things like take care of us, clean the house, and get us to school. Then Addy said "Mom sometimes gets mad at us." I guess that could be considered a responsibility. I was laughing and Ben was trying to keep things in control. We talked about my responsibilities and how sometimes I do get mad when they do bad things. I don't think I get mad very often, but there is nothing like a child to point out all of your flaws. I now have something to work on and remove from my list of responsibilities.

No comments: