Friday, September 24, 2010

Bloody Baby





I took Maren in to have some lab work last week. I was feeling guilty because I had had the orders for over a month. I finally decided we would go right after I got the big kids to school. I first went to the hospital, but the lines were huge, so I thought I would go over to the lab at the doctors plaza. Bad idea. I should have waited in line at the hospital. We waited for about 45 minutes in a teeny tiny waiting room. There was one lady that gave us dirty looks the whole time. Thank goodness for the nice little old lady sitting next to us. She let Maren go through her purse and play with all of her things. Finally when it was our turn, the nice lab ladies couldn't hit her veins. They tried twice and got enough for some of the tests and then poked her finger to get the rest. Next time, I will wait at the hospital. Maren wouldn't keep the bandaids on and so as I walking to the car I got some strange looks. Then I realized that Maren was bleeding and smearing blood everywhere. We were both covered. I tried to clean her up, but when we got home, she was totally covered. Because I am such a good mom, I took pictures before I cleaned her up. Thank goodness her iron levels are up, hopefully there will be no more trips to the lab.

No comments: