Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Baby clothes and memories



I pulled out a box of baby clothes today so that I could take inventory of what Maren will need for winter. I pulled out this purple outfit that is totally hideous and started to laugh. When Addy was little, terrible two's to be exact, she wore the purple outfit. She always seemed to be wearing it when she got into trouble. Take the picture for instance, she would use her laundry bag or diaper pail to climb up on top of her dresser. As you can see in the picture, she had emptied all of her clothes out of the dresser and made a huge mess. I couldn't find a picture of one other incident, but I remember it well. I went in to check on Addy during nap time. We had just transitioned her from the crib to a twin bed. When I walked in she was a greasy mess. She had used her diaper pail to climb up on the dresser. She reached way up to get her diaper rash ointment which was up on top of a shelf. She had smeared the ointment all over herself, the quilt on her bed, the wall and the carpet. Her clothes were covered and her face and hair were just nasty. She had also eaten some, gross! I got her into the bathtub and called poison control. They told me she would be fine. I had to wash her several times with lots of soap to try and get all the grease out. It took a lot of work to clean everything up, there was still a stain on the carpet in her room when we moved. The worst part is that she did it more than once. Crazy kid. This outfit will not be making its way into Maren's drawer this fall. I don't think she needs to wear the naughty toddler outfit.

No comments: