Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sisterhood of the Traveling Van the Finale

A bird nerd quilt for mom
close up of the bird nerd quilt
My favorite quilt
another favorite
and another favorite
This sculpture was mesmerizing, it has water flowing through it.
My claim to fame, I went to school with the guy who made it, cool huh?
puddle jumping

statue...no, he is not naked, he has a speedo on.



For our last trip before school starts back, we chose to go to Springville. I know, real adventurous. We went to the Springville art museum for the quilt show. There were some gorgeous quilts there. I think I need some quilting lessons. After looking at the quilts, we wandered out to the sculpture garden. We didn't realize that it was raining until we walked out onto the patio. Addy and Sydnee loved running around in the rain checking out all of the sculptures. After the museum, we went to the Cracker Barrel restaurant for lunch. It was lots of fun to be able to just sit and chat. The rain was coming down so hard that we were there for quite a while. The rain slowed down just enough for us to run to the car. When we arrived home, it was nap/movie time. Camille and I started planning our next adventure. I have had so much fun with my sister this summer, it was sad to have it end. I can't wait until fall break for our next adventure, lava hot springs.

No comments: