Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Out With a Bang



The luggable loo...don't ask
Sister Wirtz trying out the potty

kaber toss





On Sunday I was released from the young women's presidency. It was a sad day. I love the girls in our ward, they are just awesome. I have loved working with them, but it was time for some changes. I was also given a new calling, ward camp director. I was thrilled, I still get to spend time with the girls, and I love camp. This last weekend I went on a campout with our young men and young women. We camped in the west desert with all of the bugs. When we arrived, we were buzzed by one of our young men leaders. He is a member of the air national guard. He was flying that night so he came and buzzed us. It was awesome! We had 10 young women go and they didn't want to be split up, so all 10 of them slept in one tent. The boys put up our tents and so the leaders tent was right next to the girls tent. After getting settled, the kids played a church trivia game in groups. Then the young men in charge shared their favorite scriptures. Brother Grover shared a story from his mission and shared his testimony. He's an awesome guy. Then it was time for ride that pony and other games. I think we finally headed for bed around midnight. Having the girls so close to our tent and hearing them giggle kept us awake. We (the leaders) had so much fun talking and sharing stories. We meaning the girls and leaders didn't get to sleep until 4 a.m. I woke up about an hour later and finally got up and dressed around 6. The bugs were horrific and I could hear them swarming around our tent. After very little sleep, we had breakfast and then rotated through the various stations. We shot black powder rifles, .22's and shot guns. We also played some games that required team work. We also threw tomahawks and knives and had a kaber toss. Besides being too hot, it was lots of fun. The kids in our ward are great and just so much fun to be around. I left my calling as 1st counselor with a bang.

No comments: