Friday, September 11, 2009

Where were you when the world stopped turning?


I remember where I was. I had worked the swing shift the night before at the emergency room. I woke up to the phone ringing. Ben called and told me to go turn on the TV. I did as he said and sat on the couch in my pajamas in total shock. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I think I sat on the couch glued to the TV for several days trying to comprehend what had happened and crying as I saw all of the people who were affected by this horrible terrorist attack. I also felt a renewed sense of patriotism and love for my country and fellow men. I said many prayers on behalf of our country and all of the people who live here. What a sad day in our history, but what a reminder for us of caring and compassion and how people all over the country pulled together to put the pieces back together. Addy asked me why the flags were out this morning and I explained to her what happened on 9/11. It was nice to walk to the school and see the flags waving and being reminded of what our flag and country stand for. I hope and pray that our country will progress and continue to be free. Our current government leaders have given me more reasons to pray for our country than ever before. So on this Patriot's day, I would like to say that I am a true patriot, I love and will always defend our country.

No comments: