Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

I always enjoy Memorial day. My family takes flowers to the cemetery on the Sunday before. This year, all of us (my brother and sister) were able to go together. We start at Provo cemetery where we take flowers to My Grandma and Grandpa Riddle, Grandma and Grandpa Carter and my Grandpa Williams. Ben and I read the headstones and it may sound weird, but we see if we can find a name for the baby. There was a woman playing the bagpipes at the Provo cemetery, it was pretty cool. I love the sound of bagpipes. We then went to the Springville cemetery. We visited the graves of two sets of my great grandparents. And drove past other relatives graves, because the rain and wind started. My girls love their cousins and they had fun playing together at the cemetery and running around. At the Springville cemetery there was a headstone with the name Bird on it. My nephew looked at it and said "look, a dead bird!" What a funny kid! There are so many cool headstones in Springville. Sydnee found one that looks like a tree and tried to climb it. I still really enjoy this tradition and I hope it continues on.

No comments: