Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween 2008




I really don't like Halloween that much. I was always sick as a kid and had to miss out on the trick-or-treating. Now that I have kids, I figure I will have to at least have some fun with this crazy holiday. This year I decided that since I missed out on lots of Halloween costumes during my childhood, I would dress up. My kids thought this was great. We actually strayed from our usual princess theme this year. Addy wanted to be Snoopy. I realize most kids her age don't even know who Snoopy is, but Ben and Addy love to watch Charlie Brown movies together. Ben wanted to dress up this year too. He dressed up as Charlie Brown. He and Snoopy looked great! Sydnee changed her mind every hour, but finally dressed as Tinkerbell. We started our day by going to the grade school for their Halloween parade. After school, it was time for our annual trip to Ben's office for lots of candy and spooky cubicles. The kids love to go to dad's office and get candy. I hope they continue to like it because that means fewer houses to go to. The girls had lots of fun walking through the haunted conference rooms and the fun house. We stopped at Aunt Camille's house and made trips to both of the grandparent's houses. After the paying of parent taxes, we had pizza for dinner and Addy had lots of fun handing out the candy. I have to admit that I enjoyed Halloween a lot more this year. If you are wondering what costume I wore, well, I went as my alter ego, a witch.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

So fun! And you look just fabulous! Halloween is definitely more fun with kids. BTW-I love your blue door and shutters. Nice work!

Laura said...

Oh my! I didn't even recognize you. I had to look to see whose blog I had gone to. Great costume!