Monday, September 29, 2008

T.V.P.

With the bad economy and all of the other unrest in the world, I thought hey, I'm gonna learn how to use my food storage. We have lots of wheat and spaghetti which don't work with my celiac disease. We also have lots of beans. On the back of one shelf, I found a can of textured vegetable protein. I thought hey, we're poor and we're out of chicken. I'll try it. I made a vegetable stir fry and after reconstituting the TVP, threw it in and added lots of soy sauce and served it over rice noodles. It wasn't too terrible, but I think we will save it for an emergency.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Sounds Taaaasty! I'll remember where to go if I need any "vegetable protein" - what the!?! Did you try the cracked wheat sausage at the fair? Irene made it for our enrichment to sample. I was quite skeptical but I have to admit it was pretty good and I would actually make it.