Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunday

My sweet boy
Diego and I hung out and had breakfast this morning so that Ben could get some extra sleep. We attended church again this morning.  Everyone here is so kind and welcoming.  Diego did really well this week.  We had some new toys for him to play with and we brought M&M's to keep him quiet.  He only threw his toys twice and we were able to squelch his fits pretty fast.  After church, Diego played outside for a while, he loved splashing in the rain puddles.  We went upstairs and Ben made lunch while Diego and I played.  After lunch, it was time for a nap.  Ben put Diego down and he took a nap too.  I finished cleaning up and then I took a nap too.  I woke up to hearing Ben and Diego playing outside.  We had a very low key, relaxing day with lots of outside play time.  This is my last day in Bogota.  I will leave for the airport at about 5 o'clock tomorrow morning.  I'm glad that I have had some time with Ben and Diego and that we were able to see lots of the sights in Bogota.  I'm sad to leave Ben and Diego, but I can't wait to see my kids and to hug all of them.  I'm glad that I have been able to see so many neat things and to meet lots of new friends.  I think my only regret is that I didn't get to see the Bogota temple up close.  I saw it twice from the car, but it just isn't the same.  Oh well, I saw many beautiful things and had lots of fun and adventure.  I am glad to be on this journey with Ben and I am so grateful for Diego.  I can't wait to see him again and to introduce him to the rest of the family.  I'm going to keep praying that our judge will sign our decree soon and that Ben and Diego will come home soon.  I'm praying that I can find my way around the airport tomorrow by myself, in a foreign country where I don't speak the language.  Everything will work out just as it is supposed to. 

No comments: