Thursday, December 8, 2011

So far behind...

I'm so far behind on updating my blog. We've been very busy, but nothing real exciting going on. We all took turns being sick in November, which wasn't fun. It started with Addy and Sydnee, then Ben. When they were well again, it hit me. Once I was well, it hit Maren. Hopefully we'll stay well for the holidays.
We had a great Thanksgiving. We stopped by my parents for a few minutes, Dad borrowed the pine wood derby track from the ward and we raced cars for a while. Then it was off to the Yancey's for dinner. I stuffed myself on all the wonderful Thanksgiving food and then of course pie! It was a nice relaxing day. Ben had the week of Thanksgiving off and also a few days off last week. He's been busy working on projects at home. Our garage door now opens and shuts and will soon look like it belongs to our house. Now if I can just clean out enough junk so that I can park in it.
Addy and Sydnee are loving school and are excited to go everyday. Addy is in the school choir and has early practices twice a week. She never complains about getting up early and loves to sing. She has her first concert tonight. Every year at school they have a story telling festival. Addy always participates, but it's usually a last minute thing. This year was no different. She didn't even practice her story for the family. She came home from school and told me that she had won in her class and would be performing in the school competition. She practiced her story at FHE this week and again last night. This morning Maren and I went to the school to see her perform. She did great! I'm very proud of her. I was also very impressed with all of the other kids who performed. They were all so animated and confident. There is no way I could ever have done that in grade school. It's fun to see Addy blossom and become more and more confident.
Maren is starting to mellow out a good deal, thank goodness. We had a few weeks of the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad two's. Thankfully she is returning to her sweet self again. She is growing up too fast, she talks really well and loves to do things by herself. We bought panties the other day, I'm hoping to get her potty trained before the baby is born.
As for me, I'm feeling really good these days. I'm so grateful that my nausea is gone. I'm trying to keep up with my housework and kids and husband and all that comes with life. I'm staying busy, but never seem to have any proof of my busyness. I'm grateful for my family and I'm so glad that I can be a stay-at-home mom. I'm so glad I get to be home and watch my kiddos grow every day.

No comments: