Saturday, December 31, 2011

Highlights of December


piano recital
our gingerbread house
Maren's new bed

first night in her new bed
first night without a binkie
last night in her crib

  • We kicked off the month with the annual Carter Christmas party. I love seeing my family and catching up. The kids got to see Santa and we played an old favorite game, Do you love your neighbor.
  • We had our annual neighborhood party (adults only) It was a riot as usual!
  • Addy had her Christmas choir concert and did a great job!
  • We had a dinner party at Rodizio with Ben's co-workers and the head boss. I was given a quilt by Ben's boss and he was given a nice fat bonus for all of his work with the relocation.
  • Sydnee and Maren shared the stomach flu (not really a highlight)
  • The kids had their Christmas sing at the school, I barely made it because Maren was sick.
  • I took Addy and Sydnee along with my parents and sister to the Nutcracker. This is one of my favorite new traditions we have. Afterward, Ben and Maren met us at the Brick Oven for dinner. They now have gluten free pizza. I was in heaven!
  • Addy and Sydnee had their piano recital, they both did excellent!
  • Maren graduated to a big girl bed, she did really good with the transition.
  • Maren also gave up her binkie, not by her choice. It only took two nights of crying to adjust.
  • We got to have Daddy home for two weeks!
  • We went to the open house at Ben's new office and got the grand tour.
  • We went to see the lights at Thanksgiving Point and the reindeer. The kids even got to be on the news while we were there.
  • Ben and the kids built a gingerbread house and we all helped decorate it.
  • I got to have lunch with 3 of my roommates from Snow College, I love those gals!
  • We bought several new appliances and did many home repairs (see two posts down)
  • We spent our $300 gift card on a new car seat and a few other little things.
  • We went to Salt Lake to see the lights at Temple Square.
  • We got to eat out 3 times in one week! The kids thought that was the best.
  • We've spent lots of time together as a family playing and making memories.
I think that's it for the highlights, it's been a busy but fun month! On to the new year and new adventures.

No comments: